Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Hasslen lore

Little history lesion. After my mother died I was sent to live in Kimball MN on a farm with Joel and Robin Hasslen. I think much of my faith is because of them. Any how I left there 25 years ago and today was the first time in many years that I reunited at the funeral of Grandpa Hasslen. Much of tonight’s thoughts are going to be on the Hasslen thing tonight. I want to first list the cousins and what they do.

Jenny Masso lives in the cities and is a travel person. If I am able to I will list her site to give her some business.
Tom Masso was the food inspector of the state of MN and now is retired. His wife is Sue and she I think was a mom to Jenny and Tim. John the third was a teacher and I saw Mandy but did not get any info on her. Sara said the Quota of the day. Shad I have not seen you in 100 years. It seemed she was older and as good as ever. Jean the aunt lived in CA. Sara I still remember going to your choir concerts and your Graduation to. I saw Jeff at McDonald’s one time last summer. It is funny to see the ride that I had to go first had a flat tire and the ride I got had a flat tire. Kind of interesting.

Here are some links
Sara Hasslen http://www.esrworks.org/
Helping folk get jobs in the Stillwater area

John Hasslen http://www.freshpatents.com/John-S-Hasslen-ElkRiver-invdirh.php
Made a thing.

I wonder what happen to a person that dies. I think this way, If one is saved he or she goes to a place that is near heaven. The body goes into the ground and the Spirit goes to live in heaven with Jesus. If the person was not save the person is separated from God to await the punshment of their deeds. I do not think it is hard to be saved as I have said many times on the site.

Here are some verses I like to think about in the time of ones death to help me get by.

Psalms 116 15 Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.[1]

If you’re a saint meaning saved by Jesus. Saved is you have relyed on Jesus to pay for your sin on the cross. He rose and lives for evermore.

1 Cor 15 55 “O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.[2]

There is no defeat in the death of the saint / saved people. If your saved you are going to the Lords presences.

Rev 14 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ”
“Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”[3]If you die then you are with Jesus forever. What a thing to do. You are going to be in Jesus forever and all worry is gone. That is a great reason to live for Jesus now.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?