Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

grandpa hasslen died and Cali stuff

I am going to the Katie wedding in may and returning to LA on the 12 of May and going to spend a week there. I am going to grace to see Mac and going to a Baseball game at Dodger park. I am paying 700 for a place and a flight. It is going to be a fun time and a relaxing time to. I hope all you master kids are there so I can meet you but I do not think it is going to be lots of free time. If you do want to do something fire me a comment and I will put you into the week. I want to go to the game and to church there. I did tell mike and Don I am coming and if your reading this then you knows it.


Tonight’s cd is Amy Grants great hits part 2.

History is making right now. I am going to a funeral on John Hasslen who was my granddad in the 70s. I have not seen they fam for 25 years and here I am going to the thing. Gary had a flat tire so I made one more call and Readkies are going to make the trip that is going to late for. So it is going to be good or bad. It is 10 30 and it starts in 25 so I am not sure if I going to make it on time. I am going to see the fam and pay my respects to John that was a granddad to me in the early part of my life. Another thing Tif Webb emailed me on the lifting hands thing. I think it is ok.

Here is the life of John Hasslen for my records and your reading pleasure


Tuesday, April 12, 2005John S. HasslenJohn S. Hasslen, Jr., 86, of Annandale died Sunday, April 10, 2005, at the St. Cloud Hospital. Memorial services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, April 14, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Annandale with Rev. David Doppenberg and Rev. Craig Richter officiating. Interment will follow in Highland Cemetery, Howard Lake. Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. Wednesday at the Dingmann Funeral Care Chapel, Annandale and one hour prior to services at the church. There will be a prayer service 7 p.m. Wednesday. Memorials are preferred to the American Diabetes Association or Annandale Pioneer Park. He is survived by children and their spouses, John III and Patricia of Elk River, Sue and Tom Masso of New Brighton, Joel and Robin of South Haven, Jean Levey of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Jeff and Joan of Elk River, Sara Hasslen of St. Paul; brother, Thomas and his wife, Valerie of Phoenix, Ariz.; 11 grandchildren; and 16 great grandchildren. His wife, infant daughter, Kristin Marie and sister, Jane Anderson preceded him in death.John Stewart Hasslen, Jr. was born June 5, 1918, in St. Paul to John S. Hasslen, Sr. and Frieda (Aronson) Hasslen. He married Florence Cochran Oct. 12, 1940, in Minnetonka and she preceded him in death on July 16, 2001. He served his Country in the U.S. Navy during World War II in the South Pacific. John owned and operated Hasslen Cabinet and Millwork, St. Paul and then in his retirement he was known worldwide for his reproduction Franklin car parts. Since 1937 John spent summers on Clearwater Lake and moved there from St. Paul in 1973. He was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church, Antique Automobile Club of America, Franklin Car Club, and a lifetime member and former board member of Annandale Pioneer Park.
I knew him as Grandpa. He lived on the lake and I recall going on the boat there and swimming in the lake. I also know that he loved cars. I one time was in the shop with him and he helped me play with a nail thing. I also loved going there as a Hasslen and I also remember one time I went cross county skiing for the first time and lasted all of a couple of seconds on the skies. I member the time my uncle John got mad because I jumped into lake of the dock. He told me one time we were going to cut a hole in the ice and take a dip.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?