Monday, March 07, 2005

 

What did Jesus think of himself?

Last time I wrote on the truth that Jesus is the king of all the earth. But who did Jesus think he was and what did he think he was here to do. Jesus claims are clear in John when he said I AM. Was Jesus a nut when he said this? I mean you go to a state hospital and many think they are God. I guess if you think of some of the people out in popular culture today some claim that Jesus never wanted us to worship him. They think he said good things and that’s it. So Who did Jesus think he was?

Lets start our look at this Jesus found 12 man to follow him. The number 12 is the number of tribes that were in the old. Jesus is proving how the Lord worked in the old in the 12 tribes of Israel. Jesus also called John the Baptist the greatest man that walked earth. Then he did greater things and John even said that at Jesus baptism. Jesus then must of really wanted us to know he was God. Jesus made statements like it is not what goes into you that defile you it is what comes out of you. This is a statement rewriting the Jewish laws. Jesus was amazing to when he spoke he did not leave any doubts that he was speaking as God. Another thing that makes one conclude Jesus was God is the fact he was closer to God in how he refers to God as abba or daddy. In the Jews mind it was unthinkable to be close to God as to call him Dad. But Jesus was the son and he and God have the closest relationship ever. Jesus did not mix his words because in John Jesus clearly called himself GOD in his I am statements. Jesus was God and he knew it. I want to point out a few times where Jesus is seen as God

Matt 16 13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.[1]

Note that when Peter said that Jesus was Christ Jesus blessed him and it was revealed in that God allowed Peter to see this. I need to share this is a sign of God enabled faith and not a thing Peter came up on his own. I am going to dig this path sometime in my blog.

Jesus job was to free the people of sin and bring Israel and to free us to enjoy God. Here in his own words is why Jesus came to earth

45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”[2]

Jesus did not come to be served but to serve us in making a way to God by living and dying in my place. Jesus wants to be your King and God. Please email if you want to know Jesus.

I just cannot leave my blog without a PS. For the first time in ages I saw Amy Grant on TBN. When I was a younger one she sang to me and I loved her. I got to see her and she looks and sounds fine and loves Jesus. I had to add that
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?