Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Uopdated study

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

Last night I talked on the first part of this passage. Lets work on the story and draw points on it,. Here is a king that wanted to settle all the debts of his kingdom and perhaps get them out of the way. Jesus wants to settle the debts of all mankind and one day he is going to demand we pay up if we are not paid up. Here comes a poor man that cannot in anyway pay up his debt. When the King heard this he demanded that all he had be sold till the debt is paid. God is going to be that way in the sin we have on our account. He is going to demand payment and when the sinner cannot pay God has to demand hell and death for this sinner. In this the man starts to beg him to give him time and declares that he is going to pay back every dime that he has owed. The king has compassion and declares the debt is paid in full and the servant goes free.
Here is the photo. I owe God the father for all the sins that I have done. I owe him and he is right to call me before him and demand a price that I am not able to pay. If I do not pay it I am then damned to hell forever and that is the fair and right thing to do to me. It is the fair just way of God to do it. Jesus has came and I am saved from my sins and I ask Jesus into my heart and when I did that I am forgiven and all my debt goes to Jesus and he paid it all on the cross when God took my debt and laid it on Jesus. I go free and I am forgiven and I am saved. Great story of the free Love of God and the pure compassion of the Lord Jesus. BUT it goes bad









28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.

Here the man who was forgiven goes out and finds his friend and demands a small thing is paid. The Pal is so poor he is not able to pay him back and said give me some time and I will pay all I owe. The man who just got tons forgiven does not forgive the debt. He is worst off because he puts the man in jail till he pays him back. What a wicked man. Problem is that I do the same thing when I do not forgive the sins of others.

31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
So the king finds out and is mad and brings the man before him and judges him to pay back all he owes. I want to put a cap on this because you might think that Jesus does not allow into heaven people that fail to forgive. I believe this, Jesus forgave you on the day you were saved and did for every single sin of all time forever amen. Further more your sins on that day were perfectly forgiven forever. He is perfect and Jesus has mercy and grace to cover all our sins. What a sin it is not to offer the same to every one. It is a horrid thing to mock Jesus by not forgiving all the people the sins. I am not a whimp but I am going to forgive and do it to make Jesus alive and lift him up.

Shad

New thinking on this passage tonight. I want to plug in if you will the players and make a point. John Macarthur today preached on my tape and he said that the King here is God and the debt is sin. It is the price of sin that I cannot pay even in hell forever. I am not able to pay my sins off. Is the price of my sins and the death of Jesus not more important then. Jesus paid a debt that would of made me if I paid it go to hell forever, It is such a relief and it sobers me to think Jesus died for me and paid so high a price.


Ps I am in a debate with Dan. Read it on his blog

http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?user=danwatson22&tab=weblogs&uid=227668806

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?