Tuesday, March 22, 2005

 

Serve Jesus out of love

I want to start out on the right to die and the government. I do not think the government is the ones who get to make calls for some to get to live or die. I think it is docs and a persons deciding. As a man of the word I see life as right yet I do not think it is a good thing to single out one of tons of life’s to set a code. We need to fight the war and stop the terrorist from getting into the land to do more damage. I think they ought to worry bout that and safety instead of the social security and life of one person. No one person is not that important here that the government had to act like it did. I want to see them out of this and into real needs.

I feel like I need to call out this on the carpet and ask you to write to espress your views and convince me I am off here. Email me and comment on the blog and lets duke this out.

I want to work on the passage here

18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?”
I am not sure all the details but allow me to talk this out. I think that there is some symbolism here I want to point out. I think the fig tree is the nation of Israel and Jesus is making judgments on it. If we look back on the term fruit Jesus talks about it tons. Jesus said of the seeds that they all grow and produce fruits and they honor God in fruit. We are known for our fruit in John and then the fruit of the spirit is in the book of Gelatins. Jesus goes and makes this tree not able to produce and that is the Jews. It is true even in our day this land is a place of terrible wars and Christ is not producing peace but war in this region. It was to prove the land and its folks did have religion but they did not have salvation. Jesus is salvation and loving him is righteous. In that day people were trying to make a ritual of doing. Jesus wants our love and to obey him not a outward type of thing. People are like that in many churches today they go into a ritual and they have not Love and faith in Jesus so Jesus in a way deadens them and they wont produce for him.

In ad 70 Jesus indeed came and killed the system and the Jews were thrown all over to show Jesus had plans for them. They are coming back to the land and this is to show the end might be near.

21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”[1]

What is Jesus telling us here? Jesus is asking me to take my faith and make it real not doubting. We have truth and power in Jesus and he said he would do great thing that are in his will for us. Jesus is talking about prayer in the passage and this is prayer that is according to Gods will. Jesus is not saying that we will have tons of cash or success but Jesus is saying that he is going to use us to make him Lord. He wants to spread his word to people and make them rich in himself. I would rather have tons in Jesus than tons here. If we want mountain moving faith it is a faith that is not self centered or selfish. It is believe in Gods truth and powers as we seek to do Gods Will. It wants to serve Jesus and making him happy and glorified in all we do. God wants us to keep praying and seeking in our life and not stop. God is the rewarded of us IF we keep asking and serving. Stop serving Jesus to gain but do it out of love. Friend I am loving Jesus and then serving and if you serve out of anything but Love your heart is not in it.

Here is the call Love the Lord and serve him because you love him. Give to Jesus out of Love and not cuz you have to. Live for Jesus if it costs you and if you are having to give it all for him. I want to live like that and pray for me that I will
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
hey....do i know you?!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?