Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Palm sunday Lessions on Matt 21 1 11

i friends, I am going to finish what I started about 3 years ago and that is the book of Matthew. I did many posts on this book and I am sometime going to offer them to them who want them in a cd offer. I want to work and take my blog in this direction and that is one where I am going to talk on the bible. I think the bible is a awesome book and I want to work on that for a focus of my life’s writing. I want to leave this world with many thoughts on the bible and with a focus on Jesus. It is Palm Sunday to and I want to think about that and that is where I am currently at in my work on this book. One thing I want to point out, I am not much into a “personal Journal” yet I try to keep you on top of the news as I am living. I am into a outreach of the bible and growth in Jesus. I also am not going to talk about my place of work and when I do it is going to be in a good light, blogs are a big thing here on the net and I am using mine to point to Jesus and leave a lasting impact to this lost world. A couple of notes on the trip I make in the book, first I am doing this as a tool for me to dig out the word. I am studying the bible as I am learning how. I am not trying to make this your bible study but I hope you learn how to study it like I am for yourself and glean the Lords work for your self. Second I go long and that is just how I do this. So I will give you pointers on my thinking. I am reading Macathurs books to so just know I am work with outside sources and I will try to note them as we work.

21 Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. 3 And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”
4 All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:
5 “Tell the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your King is coming to you,
Lowly, and sitting on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.’ ”
6 So the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt, laid their clothes on them, and set Him on them. 8 And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:
“Hosanna to the Son of David!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
Hosanna in the highest!”
10 And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, “Who is this?”
11 So the multitudes said, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee.”[1]

I want to paint the day out and then hit some lesions of this passage. Jesus is on his way to his death and on his way he has just raised a man from the dead. I will not comment on this here but will in John. Jesus tells his followers to go and get his a colt that is ready for Jesus to ride. Here Jesus is showing that he is all knowing in that he has put this colt there and he is also fulfilling what is written about him in the Old Testament. Here is a direct thing Jesus filled and this is part of the proof that Jesus is real. All is done to as planed. Jesus never goes off the plan of God.

They laid their clothes on the colt and Jesus begins to ride it into the city. It is nuts cause Jesus is being seen by people at the Passover from all over. Maybe 300,000 are out that day. Jesus is being treated as the King and yet the Jews do not know what is coming and that is a day in less then a week they all would kill this king. Friends Jesus kingdom is not one that at that time was going to take the world and take over Rome. Dare I say on that day Jesus was not understood by anybody? Even the 12 did not get it. We now have the news and somewhat the outcome of this event and that is a march to a cross to die. Yet the people did not want that here. In our day many out there want to come to Jesus as king and want him to take over their pocketbooks and get rich. They think Jesus is the one to bring success and fame or Jesus is the good friend. Jesus is one that demands us to give all up for him and make him our only passion in life. Jesus did not come to bring you a happy life but to conform you to live a life for him alone. Jesus died for your sins not so you can get rich and healed.

Sp when people asked who is Jesus note they said a prophet from the city he was from. Jesus is God and was God yet the people did not see it. They were crowning Jesus hoping for a salvation from Rome and Jesus wants to save from sins. They were saying hosanna to Jesus. Hosanna means save us now. Jesus is going to save us one day and take us home to live in heaven but on that day they were going to worship Jesus just to kill him later on the cross.

I think the bottom line here is that we need to look to Jesus to save us. Also know and do not be fooled by folks that make Jesus to be something he is not.

Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?