Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Oldie but a goodie

Here is a journal from before


Lets look agt the word tonight. I am hitting a small passage and I hope that I am getting what Jesus is trying to teach me in the bible. I am fearful sometimes that I miss the meaning. As I think the bible is the link to the Lord. His words and thoughts need to the thing that guide me and make me to follow Jesus more.
46 While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. 47 Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
Jesus is teaching to the people and now his family is there and they want to talk with Jesus. Jesus said to the person that the people who are his family are the ones who do the will of the Lord. Any one that does the will of the Lord is part of his family I read Jesus is saying. What does it take to do the will of God or better put what is the will of God in this passage. Lets try to learn the “will of God” 48 But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” 49 And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother”
John 6 29 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”[1] It is the will of God to believe in the one he sent. It is Jesus who God sent. To belive is to put all your hope in the Lord Jesus and trust him to save you. Here it is Gods will for a person to trust in Jesus to save me.
Acts 6 athey said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with his entire household.[2]
Gods will is to be saved. SO if your saved Jesus here in Mathew is telling you you are a part of his family. What a thing to call your self part of Jesus Family.
Romans 12 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.[3]
The will of God is not to be conformed to this world but be transformed in the bible. I need to be in the word to know the will of the Lord and let it change my life.
I thes 2 3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; [4]
God will for me is to abstain from sex outside of marriage.
I guess the latter 2 cannot be true if one is not saved. Saving faith is the first step before you can do anything else for the Lord. It ties in to the chapter. If I am going to not be conformed to the world or be clean on the sexual area in my life I have to have the power Of the Lord Jesus in me and that means I need to be saved and filled with Gods Spirit meaning I confess my sins and be close to the Lord. Lots of things are repented in the Bible so it must be a important thing

Shad
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[4]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?