Thursday, March 24, 2005

 

Matthew 21 The leaders try to trick Jesus

Can I do this? I am changing my views on Terry and her case. I do not think it is right to not feed her. I talked to my pastor and prayed and found myself praying for her and asking the Lord to give her food. They cannot even give her ice in the mouth and that is sicko. It is wrong to kill one. I was wrong about this and I want to say I am sorry and ask you to pray for this topic hard. I think this is a bad thing and I pray Jesus that you will forgive me and help me to grow deeper and think more before I talk.

Lets look at tonight’s Passage.

23 Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?”
Jesus has done all kinds of things in the book of Matthew like healed and forgave sins. Jesus has given sight to blind and Jesus has raised the dead. The Jewish leaders have wanted to kill Jesus because they are blind and do not know him and also Jesus is a threat to most of the traditions the Jewish culture thought got them to God. Jesus is the God of their traditions. Jesus really is the only athorty and he does not need to say anything to them.
24 But Jesus answered and said to them, “I also will ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I likewise will tell you by what authority I do these things: 25 The baptism of John—where was it from? From heaven or from men?”
Jesus gives the Leaders a question that they have to think over. John and what was he about. John was the last one to lead the way to God on earth. John preached to people to get ready for Jesus because Jesus was the One they all waited for. If the men wanted to reject John they did not they then were rejecting Jesus. Jesus has shown me that he is God and I am gald he has made me realize who he is. I do not think this is going to happen to anyone that Jesus does not call and pick.

And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’ 26 But if we say, ‘From men,’ we fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet.” 27 So they answered Jesus and said, “We do not know.”
And He said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.[1]

Jesus is not going to take the trap and tell he is God and allow them to pin more on him. They I believe have lost their chance to know Jesus due to the things they said about Jesus before that he was of the devil. In the book Jesus did many things and they rejected Jesus and said he was of the Devil. Jesus then said to the Leaders they had committed a sin that would not be forgiven and Jesus hid who he was to the people of the day. That brings me to a dangerous thought. I think Jesus will give you his words and if you reject them your in danger of never being able to repent. I believe there is a point where one hears the Lords word and rejects them and they will never be able to be saved. Here are three places for you to see this part of God

Gen 6 3 3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”[2]

Hosea 4 17 “Ephraim is joined to idols,
Let him alone.
18 Their drink is rebellion,
They commit harlotry continually.
Her rulers dearly love dishonor.
19 The wind has wrapped her up in its wings,
And they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.
Scary to think the lord gave them the truth and they rejected so the Lord gave them their wish
9 In all their affliction He was afflicted,
And the Angel of His Presence saved them;
In His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
And He bore them and carried them
All the days of old.
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them[3]
Friend is not this time the time you make it right?
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?