Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

life after death A oldie and a good message

I am going to run a oldie and a goodie tonight. I did a series on Matthew and here is one of the writeing I did. I wrote this the night Mrs Jones died. I want you to know that I believe in life after death. Here is why

It has been a not to fun day. I went to the homecoming service of Cheryl. They made me a pallbearer. It hit me as a honor and a high one. I cried some in the end of the service. I was sad when they showed the photos of her at the end. I sat with Pat and I was in good hands. Also I am thinking the salvation of Jessie is close and I hope it is in the near future. I gave a speech and I urged people to come to Jesus. I want to think over a passage or 2 tonight that I might of went over before but I think they are good. It is a good reminder. I look to the word of the Lord and the book of 1 thes 4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
It is always been my thought that in heaven people are going to know each other in the kingdom of heaven, This is a verse that I point to. Saints that fall asleep are dead. I am not sure what they know in heaven but it is my thinking it they are dead and in the kingdom meeting the Lord and serving him. God is going to at the rapture take all his kids out and we are going to have body’s that we will know and be known. All the dead are going to be with Jesus and he is going to bring them all back. I must note the people I am talking about only the redeemed.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
People that are dead are going to be up there first and then the people alive are going to be in heaven with him. The body of Cheryl now lies in a grave in Baldwin cemetery but if Jesus came tonight she will leave and be united with her soul. Then we go u; and see them again. It is only the saved that go up and the ones not saved do not go in this time. They are going to rise up and given bodies and Jesus has them bow to him and they are banned in hell forever. Friend if you read this get saved today. A Admit you’re a sinner. B believes Jesus died and took the full price of your sins on the cross. C Confess Jesus as Lord and king of your life D declare Jesus and your new life to someone.


17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.[1]
We like I said go up and to be with Jesus and get to be there forever and ever. It is a comfort we say, sing and proclaim as Christians. We do this I think because we show the world Jesus is king and he is our hope and nothing the world offers gives any hope that matches that. I will member that Mandy when she was at the grave said she could not wait to see Cheryl. I share that hope and I give her to the Lord trusting him and loving him. But I want to do the work that he wants me to do and that is to live for his glory.

shad
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?