Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

The Mercy of God

I am not sure I want to move on from the topic of Gods love. I want to hit this topic a bit then on we are moving to God mercy. I point to Psalms 7. Here are some things I must hit and it kind of hits mercy. I am talking tonight to the person that is not saved meaning you never called on Jesus. If I do not lay this out I am I feel not telling you everything on the Love of God.

Psalms 7 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,
But establish the just;
For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
10 My defense is of God,
Who saves the upright in heart.
In the bible God is going to deal with wicked people. They are going to come to an end. God is Just and this means he is going to deal with every sinner that does not repent. If your not saved you fall in this. God tests the mind and heart and that means you. God here saves the upright in heart meaning they are right in their heart in the view of God.
11 God is a just judge,
And God is angry with the wicked every day.
12 If he does not turn back,
He will sharpen His sword;
He bends His bow and makes it ready.
13 He also prepares for Himself instruments of death;
He makes His arrows into fiery shafts.

God is angry at the wicked every day. It is not a good thing to have a relation with God that he in the end is going to take his anger out on you. God is Love but anger is a thing we must know. One sin makes you a sinner and makes God mad at you all the time. Now I know I am not fitting into a mold that makes God a neat daddy to come to. I know that hell is not a fun thing to talk about but I am not here to present a God that is not in the bible. I got to deal with truth and let the Lord judge me. God love must be seen as much as his hated of sin. I lay the anger and love to your feet and mind. God is love and fully does love you like no one ever can and will. God’s love for you is complete and he wants to love you fully and save you. You might not know a father but God wants to be the father you never had. You might feel you’re not worthy of Gods Love and if you think that then the last blog I did disproves it. All your hope and Love is from God. You might think you’re not good enough and that is just where God wants you to be. So I want here to lunch my next point and the is Mercy and the mercy of God.

I think of the time when I played a game with Wayne on the bus. I grab his hand and the object was to have the other man say mercy. What is mercy? It is the withholding of a Just due of your action. If you know the punishment for sin is sudden death and hell. God withhold hell from you. If you’re alive tonight you’re a product of mercy. You getting much you do not deserve. In the Christian life nothing is given to you that you did deserve.

Here are some verses on mercy

Ps 32 5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

God like I say is giving you forgiveness and not hell.

Ps 51 1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
Mercy is a compassion God gives to me. It is never a earned thing it is a gift.

Ps 86 5 5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

God has tons of mercy. Mercy is new every morning. God will forever
Merciful for his kids. It is forever and ever.

Ps 107 1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

Prov 13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
If you confess your sins you get the mercy of God. Every time you sin you need to confess and mercy is yours.

Is 55 7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the LORD,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon

How do I get Mercy I return to the Lord and God does not hold sins to my accout Jesus forgives,

Eph 2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.


4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Gods mercy is the thing that sent Jesus to die for me.

Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?