Thursday, January 06, 2005

 

News thoughts and peacemaking

Today I was called intolerant. I was the most intolerant man someone knows. I want to respond. First this land has redefined this word. If I am anti anything and take a stand for the Bible I am going to be looked at in this way. If I take the Bible and call it truth and the only truth there is then I am looked at as one now that does not like others. If I tell a gay person the truth is they are in sin I am to some hating when all I am doing is referring to a lifestyle the bible called sin. If I tell a man the Lord is the only way I am telling him truth but then the man can sue me for telling him about Jesus.

Here is my take the Bible is the words of the Lord God. Jesus came to earth and died on a cross for the sin of man. Man does not have the right to define right and wrong God does and he is the king. If he said it in the bible I take it as truth and no other book person or reason is right. God made earth in 6 days and that is truth. Anything that point to another god is living in sin and will deal with God. Another thing If one does not believe in God and Jesus and they say they are going to heaven that makes me wonder. If you do not want God now why will you want him then? Really if you do not believe in God then Heaven is not for you, God is not that mean you know. And if you think as a Christian Jesus made it ok to be whatever that is not right either because he did not ever say gays are ok. Jesus is God and whatever he said goes.

On to another thing in the news tonight… THE democrats seem to not accept the truth that bush has one. They think the people were wrong and they really want to make John Kerry the president. Even by not passing the nominations of the judges is making the point. Pass all the nominations because if they do not the demos are going to look awful when the GOP has the same thing happen to them. It is not ok with me that we fight and do not pass things like a aid package for Asia.

It is time for some bible stuff. Tonight I am working in the 5th chapter in Matthew.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God

Who are the peacemakers? Is it the people who do not kill in war? I thin k it is that but I also want you to think about what is the war here and who is the peacemaker. In the eyes of the Lord we all are at war with him. If we are outside the Lords care we are at war with him. God is mad at the sinners every day. Here is a verse in the Psalms

11 God is a just judge,
And God is angry with the wicked every day.

If you are not into God he is not pleased with you. So that brings me to this. A peacemaker is one that makes peace with God. You cannot be a Christian and not want to share the think that matters the most to you. Jesus is the one that can make us right with God. It is wise to tell others and to be a soul winner. A soul winner is one that shares Jesus with others. If you’re a Christian this is a command. And the bible called you wise if you win souls

30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who wins souls is wise.

So a peacemaker is one that wins the lost to Jesus. It is also one that loves all. I need to define Love in this time we live in. Love is defined as accepting the person but not the sin. Jesus Loves that way. Jesus Love is perfect and loves you. Here is the bibles defining of love. I am not going to unpack it I am just going to put it here for you to see in our study

1 cor 13 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I am off to bed. I am going to be in the lobby all day Friday so I want to be well rested.

Peace
Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?