Monday, January 03, 2005

 

Lets be mercy filled

I got a camera so I am able to add things to the blog but It might take time to make it go. I am able to get things off the thing but I got to figure out how to make it work better. I am going to get photos in this thing and it is going to be funner and you will get to see things on me that you cannot now. I want to make this a site you come to more often and for you set a bookmark and read me all the time.

It is my blog and I am going to talk about what I want Bible time

Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
Happy are those who are forgiving and mercy filled. Am I filled with mercy or am I filled with getting even. What is mercy? It is loving someone that does not love me back. It is loving someone that is not lovable. God in his mercy did not give what my sins deserve he gave me favor and hope. Mercy is the withholding of sure punishment. It is like this I go and steal a car and the law said shadman you go to Jail. Mercy is the law not followed and I get off with nothing. Mercy however is not a reward. In the light of God his mercy does not send me to hell and his grace allows me into heaven. Here is a Verse to point us to this

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ

God made us alive due to the mercy that he gave to us. He did allowed us to live to find Jesus and Grace was the door to Jesus. If God did not allow me to live to find Jesus grace would never of happened.

In the Bible a good man that did this was Joseph. He was sold into slavery by his brothers and yet when they came to him at the end he forgave and blessed them. He returned evil for good. He could of killed them in the hunger of the day but Joseph was good and mercy filled. In our lives many people wrong us. For me I think of Laura at work. I need to treat her better and show her mercy and if I do God is going to show mercy to me.

Here is Jesus words and lets make them the bottom line tonight

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?