Friday, December 10, 2004

 

A sermon of John the baptist!

I was confronted today on a couple things on the blog. I want to know if I write something that offends or is wrong. Feel free to email me or tell me in the comments section. I want you to come here and read my bible thoughts and think for yourself. I am not working this to make one mad so they do not come here I want you to be here every week and know my heart and the Word.

I want to do tonight’s study. I am going in the first part of Mathew and I am in the part about the greatest man that ever lived. John was the cousin to the Lord Jesus. He was a humble man and he told it like it was. Here is a sermon that John might of preached.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

In the time of Jesus the men that did not really understand were the Pharisee and the Sadducees. They felt like the Jewish people did not really need Jesus and fought the Good news of Jesus coming to save the sinners of the world. They were a class all by them self’s. It was not good to think they were sinners and they never thought they needed Jesus. People are not going to go out and seek help when they do not see they need it. The bible said that if you break one Law of God your not in fellowship. The Leader came that day and did not fill the requirement and that is to repent for you sins. I need to repent and change me. I had to come to a point of saying my sins were not ok and I needed a solution. Wrath means the sepratetion from God. Think of it if you did not want to come to the Lord why would he force you.

8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.

Abe was the father of the Jews. Johns remarks that they think just because you a Jew then your going to be ok. God did not need anything else you kind of inherit the Lord and you get to have all the things like heaven. John does not baptize them because they did not have the deeds to prove they were Jews and followed the Lord. God does not need anyone. Here is a shocking thing to think, God did not need you saved. God saved people out of pure Love and Grace. He does it to display his awesome love and pity. We are all sinners, I am a sinner and I deserve to burn yet Jesus paid my sins off and I am going to heaven.

10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”[1]

John gets brutal. He tells the leaders that if they do not produce they are not going to be happy. John wants to baptize people that repent. It means to turn from your sins to Jesus. It means to change your mind and heart. Then John talks about the Lord Jesus. Jesus is the Lord God and no one is worthy to touch him. Jesus is the one that is going to set things right. Jesus is going to baptize with the Holy Spirit. It means the holy Lord is going to indwell people and actually live in us. He is going to clean us and mold us to be like God. God is perfect.



[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?