Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Red Soxs and a study on the Temptation

People in master land I am coming to the truth and life thing there in January. It is a month away till I land there and I am looking forward to hearing the Mac man and meeting you all and going to a masters ball game. Today I got my film from 2 years ago and there are some great photos of the team. Looking into making a photo page but I need a scanner. Pray for that.

In the Magazine Sports Illustrated one I am getting they named the Boston Red Sox the sports men of the year. I could not agree more. Being an anti Yankee fan I am glad they broke the curse and won the World series. I watched some of the series my self. It was a great team effort. I did however kind of wanted to see Larry Walker win the ring for the fact I like Walker. I got to see the Rockies play the cubs on a trip to Chicago and it was not a good night for him. Walker has done well in his life. Larry has had a career 313 aver. He played for Expos and the Rockies. I guess the thing I like is the humor he showed at the all-star game. He was in a home run hitting contest and he moved and out on his helmet backwards and it was fun. Back to the sox’s. I remember my aunt Sadie one night teaching me the game cribrige and we saw the Red Sox Play. It was fun to see them win it all. I like Jonnie Damon because he looked so mean yet he was the most peaceful talk on the team.

Here is tonights bible thoughts. I am working right now in the book of Mathew. We are going to go to the 4th chapter

Matthew 4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”

4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[1]

I start in this passage tonight thinking about being tempted to do wrong. As a man that wants to do right I often do the wrong thing and sin, I always have the choice not to sin. Jesus gives the power to not sin but it is hard to deny things to me and to not be self centered. I say this and look at the fact that even the Son of God was faced with a time that he could of chose to sin. Jesus it said was tempted in his life. One comforting thin is this that Jesus took every kind of this on. He was tempted in all kinds of ways and in this book we will see it all over the place. But in Hebrews it said

15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.[2]

Jesus plainly had things that were hard and he faced them and never lost. Jesus knows what it is like to want to sin and Jesus relates with us. He knows the power sin has and yet he has the power not to sin. We also have that power. We have Jesus inside of us and we can walk away from the sins that entangle us.

In the first thing the devil wanted Jesus to turn a stone into bread and make his flesh feel good. Jesus would not and he makes a great statement to me. He said the word of God is bread. Every word the Lord said is bread for our souls and our hearts. I think the Bible is the word of God. Every bit of the bible is the word of God and only the bible is the word of God. But I know people like me run to everything but the word to get our needs met. People read Dr Phil. They go and work millions of hours and come home and hate the Job. People try to save money and think that makes them happy. Jesus said here the word of God can make you happy and successful. I know you might say Why does the Shadman always talk about the bible and I say this is the life giving word to success. I want to know Jesus and want this book to rule my life. Jesus gave me all I ever needed in the bible and I intend to read it and know it,

Shadman

Comments srolfe4894@astound.com


[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?