Saturday, December 11, 2004

 

Once again I welcome you to my life and my blog. If you’re reading this I am honored. I want to hit a couple of things and if I got time I will share from the word. I have considered a weekend type of flash back on things I did in my life. Leslie Werner was a friend of mine all in high school. I thought she was it. Leslie moved into our neighborhood in the 5th grade. She was a tomboy. She liked to fish and hunts and was an outdoor person. She also loved Jesus and she was not shy about it. I made friends with her. I have no idea where she is tonight but I know she was a friend for longer than I know. I got to go to church with her a few times and she was still a tomboy. She grew up and was saved in 5th grade at a meeting I think is Arkansas.

Nice lady I went to her wedding and her Curt died and I miss him. I miss his humor and his smile. He got saved in college.

No more beating around the bush I need to clear up something to you all. The other night I posted a blog on the Gays. I was wrong because I did say things that will not win them. I have had a friend that was gay. His name is Joe and he is a fun man to work with. He is a tech on computers. I rode with him and he is a nice person. I also said gays go to hell. I am not right there either. I am not the Lord and I cannot judge your salvation. Jesus is the clear way and he is going to call you into account. Every human being I think is going to stand before Jesus Christ and he alone will tell you where you are going forever, If you simply call on Jesus at anytime in your life to forgive you from sins your saved. I am not going say that anyone makes heaven because they do not. The bible is for me the truth and in my mind one must read it and choose. Actually you choose where you go.

What I am about to say will not be popular. I just have to say this. If one does not love and adore God then you’re not going to like Heaven. Heaven is all about the Lord Jesus and not us. Jesus is not going to force you to make a choice for him. God is a respecter of persons. He is a gentleman; if you choose to think he is not there he is fine with that. To me that is the only thing that matters my life in Jesus. That is why it makes me sad people do not choose Jesus and they pollute the DAY. Jesus is the reason. I however am one person and this is MY thought. I own every one of them. I am a bible-centered man and I will not change. I do not hate anyone and I like to know others points of view. I believe God is holy and I am not and Jesus died so I am able to come to God.

Here is a bible thought

John has just preached a sermon and now Jesus is going to be dunked by John.

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

Jesus comes to John in the desert to be baptized; He is the king yet he is here asking to be dunked. John in my view thought of Jesus here as the great Prophet. I say that thinking of the time when John is in jail and he asked some to ask Jesus to tell them if He is the one to come. Jesus here is showing us that he was here to do what God asked. So Is in important to be baptized to be saved? A lot of thoughts on this. I do not think it is a issue that saved Jesus. It was a part of the law of that time. I do not think a baby can be baptized because they are not able to make a choice. Baptism is a sign that you had Jesus come into your heart. If your saved then get baptizes. If you were baptized as a baby and follow the Lord and understood at the time all Jesus did for you good. If you were not baptized talk to your local pastor. I am not one. Learn your faith and follow it. I think you ask Jesus into your heart and then you get baptized. Jesus did it to show a example for us. He did it when he knew the meaning. I think you ought to know the meaning and seek your pastor on this.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”[1]

Next issue is this. Jesus is God. Out of the sky the spirit is showing the people and us He is the Son and God is pleased in Jesus, What a relationship they have. They are deeply in love with each other and Jesus is one with God. God loved Jesus more than all. What a awesome though to think God gave his best to save us. Jesus became a man to die and he died to show that. That is what baptism shows. Jesus lived Jesus died and Jesus rose.

Shadman



[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?