Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

mourn sinners

Well another day and nothing got done. I went to best buy and saw the thing I wanted was not there and same with target. I hate best buy they are way to mnuch for what they sell.

I want to jump into the word tonight. I am going in the sermon Jesus preached on the mount. I am working on this verse tonight

Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.

Happy are those who mourn. What this is a conderdiction? Jesus is talking about a sober type of life. I just found some notes Pastor Mark did on the topic I hope. Mourn over what? Why do we need to mourn? Mainly due to the truth that we are sinners and have offended the Lord. We ought to be sad when we sin. People that sin and feel good are not ones that are saved or there is a major thing they have to deal with. It was my sins that ought to send me to Hell but the Lord in pure mercy has made a plan to die for me and take the Hell for me. It was a painful thing to think Jesus payed so high of a price for me and sins. God came to me to offer me and us salvation and heaven. It makes my heart happy I am going to be in heaven and that is great yet we need to think of the sin we do as killing the Lord.

I think in our sin we need to find comfort in the Lord that he paid for it and grace is givwen to me and I am free to not sin. I do not ever want to sin and hurt the Lord yet I need to balance this with the Joy of heaven. This is a result in confort we are saved. Also as a person that has been forgiven I ought to forgive and set free anyone that has sinned with me.

How ought we Mourn

We need to remove things that make sin good to us. We need to hate sin and get to a point that it makes us sick to do it and ask Jesus to truely remove it. Not like just forgive it but move it out of our lifes. I need to fill my mind with the Lords word and fight tempting thing. We need to hate sin and stop going to it. We need to know that sin is horrid and repent then pray to tyhe Lord for the power not to sin. If we do not I know our lifes are going to be ineffective for Jesus and we are not going to win the lost.

Point for tonight Mourn over sin and be glad if you know the Lord your forgiven

Shad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?