Sunday, December 19, 2004

 

Jesus wins souls in our faith

I realize I might not of done a goal sheet this last year. I am not sure where it is if it is. I am going to make a change to my savings. I am going to pay in 50 a check into a account. I want to make this a goal not to touch the cash I save and use it for trip and for saving. I am going to try thins lower amount to see if I put this in every check in a year or 2 my bottom line will be more. 50 will make it 150 a month and that is 1800 a year. I want to make a accout that is going to build so I have money to retire on. Or to just have.

The word for the email is Frank. If I decide to do a contest this week email me frank.

Ok some word. I hope this has been a good time in the bible for us and I am hoping to hear from you to see if I am right or wrong on the things I am learning in the word. Matthew 4

18 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

21 Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.[1]

Here in the text tonight is the first Bible verse I learned when I was a lad. Jesus said to follow him and Jesus will make fishers of men. Here is the call of the Peter and Andrew. I did a study off line on both. Peter was a man that was close to Jesus even when he messed up. He was a fisherman (my kind of guy). Peter was fishing and Jesus wanted him to be part of the 12. Jesus had plans to allow Peter to fail all the time then go and pick him up. I can see Peter and his zest for the Lord. He wants Jesus and yet Jesus has to spank him a lot. Note that peter heard the Call and he left and followed Jesus. I can learn from this and follow the Lord and my boss when they ask me to do a task. Jesus tells me to honor him by honoring my boss. I also need to see the word and if I need to make a change I need to make it.

Also Jesus said that he is going to make me a fisher of men. I do not have to make myself if I am walking Jesus is going to give me chances to share my faith. I need more of the patience of the Lord is sharing Jesus. I need to learn more tack and more unique ways to share Jesus.

Macarthur makes some notes I want to include on soul winning. He compares soul winning with fishing We need to be patient. It might take years to win a soul. A soul winner needs to go to new places and try new ways of sharing. A soul winner is one that goes after the unsaved. He does not stay waiting to have people come to He is active in getting the net out and the word out. Soul winner only points to Jesus and stays out of the Lord way. We are a tool and Jesus does the work in us and though us. A soul winner has guts to share the faith. They might get into a talk about life and not work to bring the talk to the Lord. I need to work hard on this point and not push it on others. You push they are going to run. If you love and be a friend you got a chance. I need to learn how to be a better pal.

Tips on how Jesus did it. Jesus was always there for people. He had time to train people and no one was too small for him to share with. Jesus did not show favor to anyone, Jesus shared with the poor and the rich. Jesus has time for you if you’re a drunk and want him and if you’re a billionaire. Jesus always gave to the needs if he was asked to. He knew the open heart and the hard heart. Jesus had a testimony. If you and I want to share Jesus we got to live right. You cannot lead if one does not follow them.

SO allow the Lord to use you.



[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?