Thursday, December 16, 2004

 

Jesus vs the devil

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,

In their hands they shall bear you up,

Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”[1]\

I am going to work on a bible talk tonight. I am looking at the temptation in the desert of Jesus. Devil takes Jesus to a high point of the temple and the devil asked him to throw himself into the mercy of God and let them catch him. Jesus is God and God is his father so it would have been done. Instead the Lord turned to the Father and trusted in him. He is not going to test the Love of God and tempt him.

What did Jesus teach me here I think it is not good to look for the Lord to prove himself to me. He has proven himself for me. He saved me and his word has lived and proven himself to me. His word is his word and proof that he is there. To tempt the Lord is to make him go outside his word and do it again. That is not right and fair. God for example said he is going to meet all my needs according to his riches in Jesus. I ought to do my part and work hard. I need to know when I work hard and right Gods provision is going to be there. I need to also save and handle money right so if I lose pay I am covered. It is all from the Lord and he is going to provide the things I need and he always has. I do not need to sit here and worry because Jesus is going to meet my needs and he is going to lead me to the Job I need.

8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.[2]

Jesus has to stand up to the evil one and show he is better and He is the one. I must note that the Lord does not have the world right now. It is the evils ones and he kind off gets it till it is taken back from him. One that lives in this world is under thew control of the evil system. Jesus is going to have it back in his time and fix this world up at the end of time. So the power to hand the world to the Lord is right. He has the power and the Lord could have had the earth if he would of bowed to the devil. Jesus did not. He was not a sinner then and never will. Jesus being the perfect son went to the cross and bought the entire world. He did not take it easy, Jesus died and lost his soul and sinless body on the cross and died. Jesus then got his life back and one day he will hold the world in his care forever. Jesus obeyed and his reward will be all there is.

Jesus does not mess around here he demands the devil leave him and Jesus had the right to do that. Jesus always is the Lord and he is above all, Jesus is the most powerful and he had the right in the spirit world to demand the Evil one to leave him alone. We also have a right in Jesus to tell the evil one to leave us alone. Devils have no rights and in Jesus we have rights to tell him to leave us alone. I have the blood of Jesus and in the end I am forever going to be away from the devil. That is alone good news and worth salvation and heaven.



[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?