Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Christmas week

Hey all you that read this, Christs birth has come and gone and it is almost time for the Masters College week in January. I got a ton of money, a calender, a camera that is not working and time with the fam. It was a good christmas and the Lord was honored. I know I got to go to Victory Baptist and heard a good singer Jenny. I love to listen to operalike singing by gals. It is a good thing. I am still thinking how I am going to spend the cash I got and get things I like. I am going to get a bible on csd so I am able to listen to it and some tapes from Pastor John on the masters trip.

I am not sure I want to do this study on the sermon of the mount because I already have done it. I am going to start it and keep on it till I am tried but it is good to go in to the word over and over. It is a grand thing to work in the word each time I am typeing because it helps me to study and grow.

Tonight I start a series on the Blessed are statements.
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed means happy or blessed. There is but one thing that makes a person happy and that is a reletionship with Jesus. Sure you might think it makes you happy to do this or that but if your not filled in Jesus your happyness is going to end. Jesus is the only thing that can fill you because he is the filler. Giod made you with a hole in your heart and you go out and fill it with the things that make you think your happy. Jesus begins a sermon by shareing the truths that will make you happy or blessed.

So the first thing to be happy in the Lord is to decare you are poor in the Spirit and you have nothing to give. Poor is not to be with no cash but is a condition. Jesus has to be the source of the soul and if he is not your not going to be in the kingdom. It it nessary for you to declare all your working to make yourself right with God to be no good. Listen and this is a truth I am going to defend. You do not go to heaven for being good. Good is never the goal, rather the goal is to ask the Lord to make his home in your life. YOUR A SINNER AND POOR ANYHOW. Why try to get into heaven on your own?

To be Poor is to be begging and humble. Lets look at some things to test this

1 AM I anything? DO I trust in the Lord or me?
2 Are you into the Lords care and looking to him. You ought to be lost in Jesus and not into you. Jesus has given his life for you on the Cross. You either love him or love you.
3 Do you complain or are you content. I got to work on this myself. Do I give my all to the master in all my hard times.
4 If I am poor do I pray for all I have and need? In my heart do I pray like I am poor and needy. Do I confess and beg forgiveness of sin?
5 Do I take Jesus and not give all of me? Do I come to Jesus on his terms or mine?
I need to come knowing it is on Jesus terms and not mine.

Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?